Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wed. July 1st Books & Stars with musician Jack Pearson!

 I grew up on hymnody, folk music and early rock and roll. I love wood as did many of my Swedish ancestors and so, naturally, was drawn to the acoustic sounds of wooden instruments. I was smitten by the guitar at a campfire sometime in 1965 and have yet to recover. Favorite musicians in those days included Peter, Paul and Mary, the Goldbriars, the Kingston Trio, Simon and Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot and a guy named James Taylor.
Since 1979 I’ve performed full-time for kids and families in the Upper Midwest and around the country in every situation you can think of. I bring a music/story experience of imagination, spirit, folklore and history on guitar, fiddle, 5-string banjo, mandolin, dobro and an assortment of small percussion instruments including my one-and-only amplified toy box lid. I’m a songwriter with one foot in our American folk tradition and the other joyfully lost in the landscape of imagination. I work with K-6 kids in schools both as a performer and resident artist. I also work closely with churches helping with worship or doing a concert for the kids or families.

Jack will be performing at Spring Creek Park at 7 pm Booker, the Book Bus opens at 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment